The temps outside may disagree, but the hearts and minds of most of us say that Fall is almost here! The days are getting shorter, the leaves are beginning to fall and there is a subtle cool breeze if you leave the house before 9 am (only half kidding). Each season feels like a new chapter and another opportunity to make subtle changes in your home that reflect a different time in life. Which means, it’s time for another round up! So, I’ve gathered up some easy and cost-effective ways to update your home this season.
- Adjust your color schemes. Nothing says Fall like moody blues, deep greens, lots of neutrals and jewel tones. Putting away some of your brighter things to make room for Fall tones can be a quick and easy way to shift the mood of your space.
- Cozy up. A plaid or cable knit throw will instantly add warmth to any room. Add in a couple of pillows in a chunky fabric, animal print or velvet and the space is transformed. Layer, layer, layer for a space that is interesting, rich in texture and inviting.
- Implement natural items. Arranging some branches from your yard in a tall vase, surrounded with acorns and pine cones is a great way to bring the beauty of the season inside.
- Light a candle. Stock up on seasonally scented, taper and pillar candles. Visit an antique or thrift shop for some great vintage candle holders and use them! Nothing gives a home more of a warm and welcoming feeling than the glow of a flickering flame.
- Set up your stoop. Hang a fall wreath on your door, pick up some mums in a great color and layer pumpkins of different sizes and colors on your front steps. A beautiful entrance sets the stage for a beautiful interior.
As I did last year, I’ve collected some of my favorite affordable items for the season. Now; light a candle, hunker down, turn down the air conditioning (again, only half joking), and enjoy a welcoming atmosphere that will lead us into another beautiful season. See below for direct links to each item!